November 2013 Minutes

Har-Ber Meadows POA Board Meeting

November 25, 2013

Board Members in attendance were: Rob Frits, Rob Stark, Nancy Brown, Jerry Martin, Ralph Gresham, Judy Hammond, Hope Feiner, and Tommy Hensen,.

Board Members absent: Glenn Jones and Jamey Smithson.

Also in attendance were Alicia Hines, Treasurer; John Duke, Property Manager, Tom Jefcoat and Matt Baker, ARC.

Resident Concerns: none

Declaration of Quorum: President Rob Frits presiding.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by President, Rob Frits.

New Business: Newsletter submissions. Rob Stark will put together the newsletter from the following submissions.

  • Security Report: Officer Scott
  • Funds Request Report : Jerry Martin
  • ARC Report: Tom Jefcoat
  • Property and Covenants Violations Report: John Duke

Secretary’s Report: presented by Nancy Brown. The October 2013 minutes were previously emailed to board members for their review prior to tonight’s meeting. Judy Hammond moved, seconded by Jerry Martin to approve the minutes. The motion passed 8-0.

Treasurer’s Report: presented by Alicia Hines. Alicia sent the following email, along with the balance sheet, the financials sheet, and the budget proposal to board members for their review prior to tonight’s meeting.

The finance committee met last night and reviewed the October financial reports.

Items of interest:

Revenues:

Miscellaneous includes the $1000 from Harps & $250 from Walker Bros for benches

Expenses:

Police Patrol includes an extra pay period due to timing. Halloween patrol will show up on November.

Maintenance – includes several signs, $250 for fence and the paver repairs

Office Supplies – had to get the update for the payroll software

CPA – the tax return was prepared and filed

The water bill covered a couple of cycles – it is still high. (Jerry is reviewing the water bills for the past several months.

After reviewing the financials, we work on a budget proposal. Very few changes were suggested from the 2013 approved budget. I have attached it so please review before the meeting. There were no proposals made for a capital budget for next year.

Jerry Martin moved, seconded by Judy Hammond to approve the October 2013 financial report. The motion passed 8-0.

Jerry Martin moved, seconded by Ralph Gresham to enter the $2750. collected from the benches to Capital Improvements. And to move the 905.00 from Special Events to the Operating Fund. The motion passed 8-0.

Jerry Martin moved, seconded by Rob Stark to approve the budget for 2014. The motion passed 8-0.

 

 

Property Manager’s Report: presented by John Duke.

  1. Crumpacker Park Memorial Discussion
    • First Draft of Plans will be presented at the Board Meeting.
    • Initial Board Recommendation for Crumpacker Park Discussion: Tom Jefcoat has drawn a plan to show the proposed playground. He still needs to get with Carol due to cost. The playground may need to be done in sections
  1. Miracle 718-S082J Playground
  2. Trees around playground
  • Two park benches
  1. Cast metal memorial plaque mounted on a concrete pedestal
  2. Two Crumpacker Park Signs

 

  1. Resident Street Tree Discussion
    • Trimming twice per year
  1. All Around has bid $26, 540 to trim all Resident Street Trees. (See Attached)
  2. B & A Property Maintenance has bid $6,000 to trim all Resident Street Trees. (See Attached)
  • Dale Creamer has bid $3,000 to trim all Resident street trees plus interior Common Area trees not covered by the All Around Maintenance Contract. Dale will have a $1,000,000 General Liability Policy naming Har-Ber Meadows POA as an Additional Insured.
  1. Resident street tree trimming letter discussion.- the board agreed that we also needed to send an email blast that Dale will be coming around. If he has any resident objections, they need to contact John Duke.

 

 

  1. Lake aeration/fountain discussion:

In response to email requests concerning the lakes around JTL. John is getting bids. It is very expensive, but he will continue exploring the path to get this done.

  1. Lights at the Hwy 412 entry sign have been fixed.
  2. Ralph Gresham asked about the ongoing parking problem presented by people using the Arkansas Support Network. John Duke will follow-up on this.

Committee Reports:

Architectural Review Committee: presented by Tom Jefcoat.

  • Only one application was approved this month and that was for a pool installation.

Security and Neighborhood Watch: presented by Officer Scott.

  • With the holiday season upon us, make sure your home does not advertise ‘nobody’s home’! Have someone pickup your newspapers, etc. Burglars are looking to load up on Christmas gifts.
  • Speeding in the area-the city will not put in speeding bumps. They consider them to be dangerous causing other accidents, especially with bicycles.

Lakes: presented by Ralph Gresham.

  • All is quiet. Plenty of water. The recirculation pump was turned off on Sunday.

Landscape and Facilities: present by Judy Hammond. The landscape & facility committee met Nov. 18th and Judy sent the following email of the minutes of that meeting. They are as follows:

Landscape and Facilities committee Meeting

November 18, 2013

Members present: Nancy Brown, Judy Gresham, Carol Jennings, Judy Hammond

Recommendation for tree plantings:

  • 3 trees planted on the east side of street by Doris and Young Farm. (The holes have already been dug).
  • 2 trees planted by bench close to Doris and Young Farm.
  • 3 trees planted on lake side of JTL Parkway just south of Hazel Court.
  • June and Appleshed Park: we recommend removing the 5 diseased trees and replace with 6 new trees. We would like to mark the placement of those 6 trees.
  • 3 trees planted to the west of the pool house and parking lot. (The holes have already been dug).

 

 

We recommend that the hedges that are in the islands by the entrance at 412 should be lowered at least one foot so you can see the crepe myrtles that are planted in the center.

No more trees on Crumpacker Park.

Repaint or refurbish the 412 entrance sign—this includes getting the lighting fixed.

The committee feels that we should pursue changing the covenants in regards to the street trees. We believe the owner should be responsible for the trees that are in front of their homes. What is the process that we have to go through to get the covenants changed.

Respectfully submitted,

Judy Hammond

Jerry Martin moved, seconded by Rob Stark to approve the Landscape and Facilities Committee recommendation as presented in the above email. The motion passed 8-0.

Yard of the Month Committee:

  • Our new sign for ‘Yard of the Month’ has also been stolen. It has only been used once to replace the previous sign which was also stolen. We will not replace this one. We will continue to post the name of each month’s winner on the HBM website.

Long Range Planning Committee:

  • 56th Street – update on expansion – nothing new
  • Clubhouse Renovations – on hold

Old Business Follow-up: none

The board then retired to a brief executive session.

Voting and Board Authorizations via email: 10-26-13 to 1-27-14

The board voted to install our normal Christmas Lights before Nov. 1, 2013 in order to receive a discount on the installation.

With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:21 p.m..

 

 

Respectfully submitted this 27th day of January, 2014.

 

 

 

 

________________________________

Rob Frits, President

 

 

________________________________

Nancy Brown, Secretary

Posted in POA Minutes.

Leave a Reply