Har-Ber Meadows POA Board Meeting
January 27, 2014
Board Members in attendance were: Rob Frits, Rob Stark, Nancy Brown, Jerry Martin, Ralph Gresham, Judy Hammond, Hope Feiner, Glenn Jones, and Tommy Hensen,.
Board Members absent: Jamey Smithson.
Also in attendance were Alicia Hines, Treasurer; John Duke, Property Manager, Tom Jefcoat, ARC.
Resident Concerns: none
Declaration of Quorum: President Rob Frits presiding.
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by President, Rob Frits. Rob opened the meeting with thanking everyone for all their work last year.
Rob Stark stated that our current HBM website is not user friendly and currently needs revamping. He has been checking into various new content management systems such as wordpress.org. The basic installation is free, but we would need to pay for anything additional such as additional plug-ins. Rob Stark moved, seconded by Judy Hammond to authorized Rob Stark up to $1000.00 for the startup of a new website to include the three domain names. The motion passed 9-0.
Alicia Hines presented the 2014 bill from Scott’s Lawn Service to be paid totally in advance in order to received the 7% discount. Jerry Martin moved that the Scott’s bill be paid in advance, seconded by Glenn Jones. The motion passed 9-0.
Secretary’s Report: presented by Nancy Brown. The minutes were previously emailed to all members of the board for their review. Jerry Martin moved, seconded by Hope Feiner to approve the November 2013 Minutes. The motion passed 9-0.
Treasurer’s Report: includes November and December 2013 Financials: presented by Alicia Hines. The water bill has been corrected, new meters were fixed, collections are doing well, and we had $1382.00 donated to special events. The year ended in a good situation. Judy Hammond moved, seconded by Ralph Gresham to approve the Nov, and Dec. 2013 financials. The motion passed 9-0.
Property Manager’s Report: presented by John Duke.
- Crumpacker Park Memorial Discussion – after a lengthy discussion about how much money should be added to Carol Crumpacker’s amount of $25,000. Judy Hammond moved, seconded by Rob Stark to contribute POA funds in a matching amount of $25,000. The motion passed 8-1 for the purchase of a system from ARKOMA Playgrounds & Supply; PlayBooster, Drawing # 71538-1-2, quote dated 10-28-13.
- Met with Carol on 1/17
- Draft of Plans
- Initial Board Recommendation for Crumpacker Park Discussion was:
- Miracle 718-S082J Playground –
- Trees around playground
- Two park benches
- Post mounted cast metal memorial plaque
- Two Crumpacker Park Signs
- 412/Founder’s entry sign discussion – we are still searching for matching bricks. Repair is being paid by city of Springdale. Since the sign is out-dated, we are also getting a bid for a new one. We are still awaiting a bid from Don’s Signs comparing the cost of repairing versus purchasing a new one.
- Bids (See attached)
- Yard of the month – last month we decided to just send an email to the community congratulating the winner, due to the fact that the second, newly purchased sign was also stolen the first time it was presented.
- Replacement sign or web blast only?-no replacement sign.
- Founder’s Park Paver Repair – Some have been fixed but not all level. John Duke is getting more bids.
- Bid (See attachment)
- Brick discoloration in common areas
- Update on bids – getting more bids and waiting for warmer weather. We have not had a reply for our requests from prospective repair businesses.
- Broken light pole discussion – 56th Street – estimated repair is $3300.00. We are not replacing the pole due to expansion of 56th Street by the city.
- Wooden fence discussion – we are checking for clarification if the POA or the individual homeowner is responsible for replacement of the community bordering wood fences, see Section 16 of Covenants below. It was determined that we will be getting bids for fixing and staining.
- “Section 16. Walls. Fences and Hedges. All walls, fences, planters and hedges shall be controlled strictly for compliance with this Declaration and architectural standards established by the Declarant or the ARC.
Perimeter fencing on all Lots shall be maintained to a fence standard equivalent to original construction and all fencing must be consistent with this Declaration and architectural standards established by Declarant or the ARC.
Fences of wire or chain link construction are prohibited on Lots, and the design and materials of all fences shall be approved by the ARC prior to construction pursuant to the approval requirements of Article VI, Section 1, of this Declaration.”
- Pool improvements for 2014? – tile and rings are completed. The swim team is gearing up for the summer.
Architectural Review Committee: nothing over the holidays.
Security and Neighborhood Watch: Officer Scott had nothing of significance to report.
Lakes: still in good shape.
Landscape Committee: did not meet over the holidays.
Yard of the Month: will not purchase another yard sign.
Long Range Planning Committee:
- 56th Street – nothing new
- Clubhouse Renovation – on hold
Old Business Follow-Up:
- Crumpacker Park Discussion – resolved at beginning of meeting.
Voting and Board Authorizations via email: 11-26-13 to 2-24-14 (none)
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:20 p.m..
Respectfully submitted this 24th day of February, 2014.
Rob Frits, President
Nancy Brown, Secretary