Har-Ber Meadows POA Board Meeting
January 28, 2013
Board Members in attendance were: Rob Frits, Judy Hammond, Nancy Brown, Tommy Hensen, Jerry Martin, Rob Stark, Ralph Gresham and Glenn Jones.
Absent were: George Kelly, whom we were notified has resigned, and Jamey Smithson. Rob Frits thanked George for his years of service and ideas he brought to the table.
Also in attendance were Alicia Hines, Treasurer; John Duke, Property Manager, and Tom Jefcoat, ARC.
The meeting was called to order at 6:32 p.m. by President, Rob Frits.
Declaration of Quorum: President Rob Frits presiding.
Resident Comments/Concerns: none
New Business: none
Secretary’s Report: presented by Nancy Brown. The minutes were emailed in advance to the members for their review. Judy Hammond moved, seconded by Jerry Martin to approve the minutes for November 2012. The motion passed 8-0.
Treasurer’s Report: presented by Alicia Hines. The financial statements were emailed in advance to members for their review. She added that she moved the cost of the Christmas lights to expense; we were below budget on maintenance; we still have our $25,000.00 in capital improvements that has not been used; and we were under budget with All Around Landscaping and are locked in for a 3 year contract. She added she received $855.00 for the special events fund. To summarize, she added that she thinks the financial state of Har-Ber Meadows is great and the board has protected the assets of the POA. Ralph Gresham moved we approve the November-December 2012 financial reports. The motion passed 8-0.
She also presented the Scott’s annual bill total for approval and authorization to pay in advance to for the 8%.
Property Manager’s Report: presented by John Duke.
- Sidewalk Installation Update – currently in process and hopeful to get it started within the next few weeks. Contractor is working us in between other large foundation jobs to help keep his pricing low.
- Bridge Railing Maintenance
Har-Ber owned bridges – $1300 per bridge – this includes sanding the rust from the metal and repainting the two foot bridges. The other bid was twice this estimate.
The City is reviewing our request to paint the bridges on Founder’s Park and Coyote Crossing. We are still waiting for a response from the city.
- Christmas Lights
Board Comments – Jerry Martin reported that John Duke contacted the people in the Endeavor Foundation Building at the entrance to Har-Ber Meadows to see if they would put lights on their building. There has been no response from them. John Duke and Judy Hammond volunteered to contact them.
Year Around Lighting for Crumbpacker Park Pavilion Discussion
- Crumbpacker Park Memorial Discussion – Carol Crumpacker wants to establish some sort of memorial for her parents at the park. She will pay for it. John Duke will post something on the website to gets some ideas to offer to Carol.
- Common Tree Replacement
Remaining Spruce trees near the 56th street sign are scheduled to be planted by 2/8/13. All common area trees needing replacement have been done.
- Playground Swings
- Ornamental Grass Plantings on JTL Islands
- Realtor Open House Discussion – allow one sign per yard from Thurs. after 3:00 p.m. and must be removed by Sun. at 4:00 p.m. Signs must be professional type signs. John Duke asked if we could make an exception for professional type directional signs for open houses. Rob Frits asked the board to think about this and tabled it until next month.
- Swimming Pool Discussion
Har-Ber Swim Team – see the attached email from Steve Lisle on his proposal. It would be for HBM children only, not open to the public. Cost would be $75.00 per child for 2-3 sessions per week.
Pool Lane Installation – float lanes would need to be attached for $3560.00 to be paid by HBM. The instructor would received the $75.00 fee from each child. John Duke checked and no additional insurance would be needed since it is limited to HBM residents. The board needs more information so John Duke will invite Steve Lisle to next month’s meeting.
- No Parking Signs
- Tommy and I have identified the areas of concern. The City Traffic Committee will review our findings on February 6 at 12:30.
- Pool House Improvement Discussion
- Pony walls and repaint floor with an anti-slip coating – $1,925 tabled
- Wall Paint – $2,209 tabled
- Furniture – $2,000 tabled
- Bike Rack – $1,000 (Handout) – John Duke presented the board with a multiple page handout of different bike rack styles. I have attached a copy of the one the board selected. Nancy Brown moved that we purchase Model #BR12 from Belson Outdoors up to $1000.00, seconded by Judy Hammond. The motion passed 8-0.
- West/East fence perimeter shrubbery – $985 (Handout) –Judy Hammond moved, seconded by Glenn Jones that we authorize John Duke to purchase and plant this area up to $1000.00. The motion passed 8-0.
- Bathroom & meeting room countertop/backsplash, cabinets, mirror trim – $1,758 tabled
- TV jack – Included in cable hookup tabled
- Cabinets – $1,778 tabled
- Pool Deck Canopies (Handout) – John is getting more information on this item.
Architectural Review Committee – Matt Baker requested permission to plant a Blackjack Oak tree on common area by his house. He would cover the cost and maintenance of the tree. His request was approved.
Security and Neighborhood Watch – presented by Tommy Hensen. There is still no one willing to head up the neighborhood watch or newsletter. Illegal parking signs are being distributed and Tommy thinks he can see a little improvement.
Lakes Report – presented by Ralph Gresham. Generally in good shape. Evaporation is slow.
Landscape and Facilities – no report.
Yard of the Month – presented by Glenn Jones. The Christmas decoration award went to Julie Neill at 142 Carver.
Long Range Planning Committee – Ralph Gresham and Rob Frits met yesterday to discuss the extension of 56th Street to Oak Grove Road and how it may impact the homeowners and common area. John Duke and Jerry Martin know someone on the city planning commission and will try to get more information and keep us posted.
Capital Improvements – Sidewalk, Park Benches, Trees; Jerry Martin has the first park bench on order. Rob Stark donated $500.00 for his business, Founder’s Park Dentistry.
Voting and Board Authorizations via email: 11-27-12 to 1-27-13
None during this time.
With no further business, Judy Hammond moved, seconded by Glenn Jones to adjourn the meeting. The motion passed 8-0. The meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted this 25th day of February 2013.
Rob Frits, President
Nancy Brown, Secretary