February 2013 Minutes

Har-Ber Meadows POA Board Meeting

February 25, 2013

Board Members in attendance were: Rob Frits, Judy Hammond, Nancy Brown, Tommy Hensen, Jerry Martin, Rob Stark, Ralph Gresham, Glenn Jones, and Jamey Smithson.

Also in attendance were Alicia Hines, Treasurer; John Duke, Property Manager, and Matt Baker, ARC.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by President, Rob Frits.

Declaration of Quorum: President Rob Frits presiding.

Resident Comments/Concerns: none

New Business: none

 

Steve Lisle, resident, and Anita Parisi, swim instructor, presented ideas for the summer’s swim team. Anita will have professional level coaches. Only Har-Ber Meadows residents children will participate. There will be practice 3 days per week, possibly MWF mornings for 1 hour per child from 8-10 or 9-11 a.m. The cost will be $75.00/month for each child to be paid to Anita Parisi and her coaches. Steve and Anita are asking for permission to use our pool for the activity. They will do all the work. However, they may need lane ropes and are asking HBM to purchase those for an estimated $3,650.00. Discussion and questions from the board members followed the presentation. Judy Hammond suggestion that Steve and Anita find out the number of children that are interested in doing this by possibly putting this out on Facebook. The board needs to know the amount of interest from the residents before we could cost justify the lane rope expenditure. We need the information within the next few weeks and would also like the proposal in writing.

 

Secretary’s Report: presented by Nancy Brown. The minutes were emailed in advance to the members for their review. Judy Hammond moved, seconded by Jerry Martin to approve the minutes for January 2013. The motion passed 9-0.

Treasurer’s Report: presented by Alicia Hines. The finance committee met last Tuesday night for a review of the January financials. The following items were discussed.
The balance sheet – It shows that I have divided the special events funds so it can be
kept separate. I have worked on depreciation to agree to the auditor’s
records so you could possibly see some changes in the accumulated
depreciation.
The membership dues invoiced were $317,020. During January, there
was $150,407.50 collected and deposited. The accounts receivable is made up
of the delinquent balance of 2012’s and the 2013 invoiced amount less the
payments.
The revenues statement – Nothing really stands out. There have been monthly expenses but
nothing out of the ordinary. I made an adjustment to the reports after the meeting based on prepaid insurance. I have adjusted it to make sure it agrees with budget amounts..

Judy Hammond moved, seconded by Nancy Brown to approve the January 2013 financial reports. The motion passed 9-0.

Property Manager’s Report: presented by John Duke.

  1. Sidewalk Installation Update – still on hold until Lupe can get to it.

 

  1. Bridge Railing Maintenance

 Har-Ber owned bridges – $1300 per bridge – waiting on second bid.

 The City will paint the bridges on Founder’s Park and Coyote Crossing

 

  1. Christmas Lights

 Discussing lighting the Endeavor Foundation with Anita Scism. Will try to connect with Anita this week

 Year Around Lighting for Crumbpacker Park Pavilion Discussion

 

  1. Crumbpacker Park Memorial Discussion – still in process. Jerry Martin suggestion possibly a playground with memorial signs and trees, similar to Founder’s Park.

 

  1. Common Tree Replacement

 Remaining Spruce trees near 56th street sign are scheduled to be planted weather permitted,

 

  1. Weed Control – Scott’s re-treated the common areas again for weeds.

 

  1. Wireless Internet Discussion –   Pool House. John Duke will get an estimate of actually what it would cost to get it installed.
  • 6meg connection – $30.00/mo with a 12 month contract
  • this does not include any unusual installation that could be needed.

 

  1. 4th of July Discussion – John located a pyrotechnic and is waiting on his reply.

 

  1. Swimming Pool Discussion – see note at beginning of this meeting.

10.Seed/Straw Bare Areas North of the Pool House – have Scott’s do a soil sample test before starting any of the following.

Loosening of soil with a Harley box rake and hydro seeding with mixture of Bermuda, Rye and Rescue: $2,190.00

Loosening of soil with a Harley box rake and sodding with Bermuda sod: $4,885.00.

 

Pricing does not include extra topsoil or extra watering. The hydro seed application may need extra maintenance to provide and established turf at an additional cost. The work is intended to remedy the bare areas, approx. 12,000 sq. ft.

 

 

OLD BUSINESS:

  1. No Parking Signs

Tommy and I have identified the areas of concern. We have submitted a letter with our concerns to the City Traffic Committee. They reviewed our findings on February 6 at 12:30. They have requested us to attend the next committee meeting on March 6 at 12:30.

 

Committee Reports:

Architectural Review Committee – presented by Judy Hammond. The board will meet tomorrow night. And they have plans on one conditional new building.

Security and Neighborhood Watch – presented by Tommy Hensen.

Neighborhood Watch is in limbo. No one wants to organize it.

Security. Our three off duty police officers have either resigned, moved to a new department, or been promoted and moved out of the area. Tommy Hensen suggested that there needs to be rules and regulations put in place for our expectations for the new officers. Jerry Martin posed the question of whether we wanted to continue with our own security since we come under Springdale City police protection.

Lakes – presented by Ralph Gresham. The lakes are in great shape and Ralph is getting calls about the 2013 permits.

Landscape and Facilities- Nancy Brown asked the John Duke check pricing for replacement of the four worn-looking round light fixtures on the bridge at the 412 entrance to HBM.

Yard of the Month – presented by Glenn Jones. We’re waiting for Spring before any Yard of the Month awards.

Long Range Planning Committee- presented by Rob Frits.

56th Street Extension – John Duke talked to someone at the City concerning the 56th Street extension. He found out that even though they are surveying, construction will not start until 2014 or 2015. Also, the city is not planning on infringing on any of HBM’s right-of-way.

Clubhouse Renovations – pending

 

Capital Improvements Follow-up.

Park Benches-just need to pour the concrete slabs. There is one bench at the pool house for our viewing.

Jerry Martin added that we need to get the trees that were previously approved planted soon.

 

Voting and Board Authorizations via email: 1-28-13 to 2-24-13

None during this time.

With no further business, Judy Hammond moved, seconded by Nancy Brown to adjourn the meeting. The motion passed 9-0. The meeting was adjourned.

Respectfully submitted this 25th day of March 2013.

 

 

________________________________

Rob Frits, President

 

 

________________________________

Nancy Brown, Secretary

Posted in POA Minutes.

Leave a Reply