April 2012 Minutes

Har-Ber Meadows POA Board Meeting

April 23, 2012

Board Members in attendance were: Jason Combs, Nancy Owens, Tommy Hensen, Ralph Gresham, Jerry Martin, and Rob Frits.

Board Members absent were: Judy Hammond, George Kelly, Jamey Smithson, Clay Galloway,

Also in attendance were Alicia Hines, Treasurer; John Duke, Property Manager; and Tom Jefcoat, ARC, Donnie Rutledge, attorney, and Ms. Bailey, an attorney representing DTS Construction..

The meeting was called to order at 6:36 p.m. by President Jason Combs.

Declaration of Quorum

Property 5670 Dancing Rabbit, lot 8, DTS Construction: Donnie Rutledge made a short statement summarizing the results of the lawsuit against DTS Construction. Basically, DTS acquiesced to the demands of the ARC and POA.

The prospective buyers of this property, Mr. and Mrs. Eads were also present and requested a variance to the decision of the ARC not to approve a wooden privacy fence at the rear of the property in order to block their view of an existing drainage ditch in the area. There is a contract on the house and this is the last outstanding issue other than the fact that DTS is not current with payment of the POA dues.

  • Jerry Martin stated that the board’s decision should uphold the covenants.
  • Tom Jefcoat stated that the ARC voted unanimously to uphold the covenants and deny the variance. He added that if the wooden fence was not properly maintained, it would look terrible. The ARC did, however, approve a wrought iron fence with appropriate shrubbery plantings stating that it would be more appropriate.
  • Rob Frits asked the buyers why they wanted the wooden fence. They answered that it would block their view of the drainage ditch.
  • Tommy Hensen reminded everyone that the 56th Street entrance may someday be the main entrance into the area and the fence would be facing everyone entering.

Ralph Gresham moved, seconded by Jerry Martin, that the POA board deny the request to build a wooden privacy fence at the rear of 5670 Dancing Rabbit, Lot 8. The motion passed 5-1.

Minutes: presented by Nancy Owens. Jerry Martin moved to approve the March 2012 minutes, seconded by Ralph Gresham. The motion passed 6-0.

Financials: presented by Alicia Hines.

  • Maintenance was high this month due to paying Scott’s Lawn Care in advance in order to take advantage of their discount. This was approved last month by the board.
  • Everything else is in line with the budget.

Rob Frits moved to approve the financials; seconded by Jerry Martin. The motion passed 6-0.

 

 

 

Resident Concerns:

  • Richard Wilson expressed concern that residents were not using barbless hooks when fishing in the lakes. Due to the ‘catch and release’ policy for fishing, barbless hooks need to be used so as not to cause damage or death to the fish. He has spotted several areas of floating dead fish in the area. He suggested adding the need for barbless hooks to be on the HBM permits.
  • Jamy Livingston from the PTA addressed the following:
  1. Teachers would like to fence along Har-Ber Ave in order to prevent cars from parking on the grass. The PTA is paying for the fence.
  2. They would like to install fitness stations along a walking/running track and would like a donation from the POA.

The board needs to check first with Donnie Rutledge about the legality of making donations.

  • Joe Dunn presented a written paper on what should be done in case of a local disaster. He plans on attending the next ARC meeting concerning applying for the installing of an antennae for his shortwave radio.

Security: presented by Tommy Hensen.

  • Two cars on JTL Parkway were broken into.
  • We need help policing the lake areas. The number of non-residents fishing and keeping fish from the lakes has grown and is more than a handful of residents can monitor and control. Will try to ask for volunteers at the annual meeting.

Lakes: presented by Ralph Gresham.

  • Lakes are generally in good shape.
  • John Duke will get bids for a timer for the circulation pump.

Landscape and Facilities:

  • John Duke will get new bids to treat the trees for the maple bores or find out how much it would cost to do it ourselves. Our previous contract and bid canceled.

Board Candidate Nominating: presented by Jason Combs.

  • There are 5 candidates running to fill the vacancies.

Property Manager’s Report: presented by John Duke/

  • Open storm drain on Young’s Farm/Doris – John Duke found that the lot is now owned by First Security Bank and John contacted Sam Goad, City of Springdale. Mr. Goad emailed that he is checking into whether the responsibility lies with the city or the developer.
  • Pool phone line/internet connection – AT&T would be $30.00 extra per month.
  • Baseball field maintenance – All-Around to complete this week.
  • Pool equipment – we need 3 umbrellas and 3 weighted stands, as well as, 2 float rings since the current ones have been there since 1995 and need to be replaced. Rob Frits moved that we authorize up to $750.00 for all of the equipment, The motion was seconded by Jerry martin. The motion passed 5 yes and 1 abstained.
  • Annual Neighbor Meeting – John has contacted the commercial property people concerning their parts with the meeting. A list was passed out at last month’s meeting.
  • Capital Improvement Items for 2012 – keep getting push forward every month. Alicia Hines suggested we ‘designate’ a certain amount from the existing cash amount in the bank to free-up funds for these improvements. Nancy Owens moved, seconded by Tommy Hensen to designate $25,000.00 from existing funding for capital improvements. The motion passed 6-0. Ralph Gresham moved, seconded by Rob Frits to install lighting by the fountains in Ross Lake by the pool. The motion passed 6-0. If the lights prove satisfactory, then we will consider expanding light to other lake fountains.

 

 

 

With no further business, Jerry Martin moved, seconded by Rob Frits to adjourn the meeting. The meeting was adjourned at 9:11 p.m.

Respectfully submitted this 22nd day of May 2012.

 

 

 

 

________________________________

Jason Combs, President

 

 

 

________________________________

Nancy Owens, Secretary

 

 

 

 

 

Posted in POA Minutes.

Leave a Reply