Har-Ber Meadows POA Board Meeting
February 24, 2014
Board Members in attendance were: Rob Frits, Nancy Brown, Jerry Martin, Judy Hammond, Hope Feiner, and Tommy Hensen,.
Board Members absent: Rob Stark, Jamey Smithson, Ralph Gresham, and Glenn Jones.
Also in attendance were Alicia Hines, Treasurer; John Duke, Property Manager, Tom Jefcoat, ARC, and Officer Scott, Springdale PD.
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by President, Rob Frits.
Resident Concerns: none
Declaration of Quorum: President Rob Frits presiding.
- Swim team: Jill, the community coach was present and stated that we need to start thinking about this summer’s team. She stated that the pricing would be the same, but they would like to change the start time to 9:00 a.m., instead of 8:00 a.m., in hopes that they would get more participation. The swim team consists of just HBM children and we need to let the community know ASAP about the time change. Jerry Martin moved, seconded by Nancy Brown to change the start time to 9:00 a.m. The motion passed 6-0.
- 4th of July Fireworks Show: The fireworks demonstration company that we used last year contacted John Duke since they are scheduling for this July. We all agreed they did an excellent job and believed it was good for the community. They will do it for $5000.00 and provide insurance. Nancy Brown moved, seconded by Judy Hammond to hire the same company. The motion passed 6-0.
- Annual Meeting in May: will be held the Monday before Memorial Day which is May 19, 2014. Jerry Martin proposed that we should change the venue from Founder’s Park to Crumpacker Park this year in order to dedicate the new playground equipment be installed there. John Duke will work on this.
Terms are ending for Glenn Jones and Tommy Hensen. Tommy is not running again and we have not yet heard from Glenn.
Secretary’s Report: presented by Nancy Brown. The minutes were previously emailed to all members of the board for their review. Judy Hammond moved, seconded by Jerry Martin to approve the January 2014 Minutes. The motion passed 6-0. It is noted that the $25,000. approved for playground equipment is not necessarily to be purchased from Arkoma.
Treasurer’s Report: presented by Alicia Hines. Alicia emailed the actual reports to board members for their review prior the meeting along with the following comments:
Items of interest:
Designated funds was reduced from December by the trees that were paid in January and increased by the $250 for the park bench from Walker Brothers.
We have collected $1,582.50 for the special events.
The credit card payments are deposited in the Signature account so there is an increase in that account.
We invoiced $317,611.79 in membership dues for 2014. Membership revenue is figured by 1/12 monthly and the balance is left in Deferred Income.
I will move the $250 for the bench from undesignated to designated capital items next month.
The expenses are way below budget. Contracts are on the money with the only exception being Scotts which John never contacted me with the correct changes to pay.
Maintenance is street lights and the All Around bills that will be reimbursed by insurance.
Utilities are way below budget.
Let me know if you have any questions. This seems pretty standard to me.
Jerry Martin moved, seconded by Nancy Brown to approve the financial reports. The motion passed 6-0.
Property Manager’s Report: presented by John Duke.
- Crumpacker Park Memorial Discussion (Attachment available at Board Meeting)
- See multiple attached renderings, layouts and bids
- Trees around playground
- Two park benches
- Post mounted cast metal memorial plaque
- Two Crumpacker Park Signs
- 412/Founder’s entry sign discussion
- Insurance adjuster discussion
- Brick discoloration in common areas
- Bids (See attached)
- Broken light pole discussion
- Ireland/Tall Oaks Loop North – Ordered 2/19
- Pool improvements for 2014?
- Street/Francis Fair – On hold for 56th
- street lane additions
- Swim Club Hours
- Requested Hours:
- MWF from 9:00 A.M. – 10:45 A.M.
- Scott’s Lime Application
- Last year we did one lime treatment on June 12 for $1,180.00. We only did one treatment but we did put it down very heavy. Lime is a product that works pretty slowly and I am positive it needs it again. The ph was pretty far off last year. We prefer to do lime treatments in the early spring or fall. During this time the grass is not being mowed so the lime is less likely to be taken up by the mower and more likely to reach the soil. Lime treatments went up $10 from last year, but I can go ahead and put it back to the same price at $1,180.00. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Trent
Architectural Review Committee: nothing new.
Security and Neighborhood Watch: Presented by Officer Scott. All is quite in the neighborhood.
Landscape and Facilities: no meeting last month, nothing urgent.
Yard of the Month: Not active in January.
Long Range Planning Committee:
- 56th Street – we have not heard anything from the city.
- Clubhouse Renovations – on hold
Old Business Follow-up: Rob Stark is working on the new website.
Voting and Board Authorizations via email: 1-27-13 to 2-24-14 (none)
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:38 p.m..
Respectfully submitted this 24th day of March, 2014.
Rob Frits, President
Nancy Brown, Secretary